Give to the Poetry Foundation
The demand for poetry programming and resources continues to grow. That is why your unrestricted and 100% tax-deductible donation is meaningful to the Foundation’s continued efforts in providing a vigorous presence for poetry in our culture. With your contribution, you can expect us to expand on the free resources, programs, and initiatives you cherish:
- Public programs and live events for poetry enthusiasts of all ages
- Online access to a century’s worth of Poetry magazine content
- A vast online archive of poems, poet features and educational resources
- The Midwest's only library dedicated exclusively to poetry
- A suite of awards and fellowships to honor and support poets at all stages of their careers
- Rotating exhibitions in our gallery
How to Give
- Send checks to:
The Poetry Foundation
61 W. Superior St.
Chicago, IL 60654
- Send gifts of securities
For more information, please refer to this PDF.
- Plan a bequest
An excellent way for you to support the continued work of the Poetry Foundation is to leave us a bequest in your will, living trust, or with a codicil. For more information about making a bequest, please read this PDF.
- Gifts in Memoriam
To direct gifts to our organization in lieu of flowers, please include this information in the check memo (i.e. [NAME] Memorial Donation), or in the notes field of our online giving platform. Please inform us if, in addition to a gift acknowledgment letter, you would like additional acknowledgment sent elsewhere.
What to Expect
An acknowledgment letter for your tax records will be mailed to the address you provide our finance staff. We are happy to provide notes of receipt for any gifts you contribute on behalf of another individual.
Your gift makes a meaningful difference, and we thank you for your support. For questions, please contact us at (312)787-7070 or email [email protected].
Chicago, IL 60654